MAGNETOFLOW™ M5000 - Electromagnetic Flowmeter
Inductive electromagnetic flowmeters are best suitable for flow measurements of fluids with electrical conductivity from 5 μS/cm (20 μS/cm for demineralized water). This flowmeters range offers high accuracy. Results measurement are independant of density, temperature and pressure.Mehr Informationen
The M5000 is a battery-powered electromagnetic flow meter with a very high accuracy even at very low flows. The excellent repeatability as well as the above-average battery life makes this innovative water meter indispensable for the water market. Typical applications are leak detection in water networks, water consumption measurements and irrigation plants.
The meter is best suited for applications without a power supply where exact consumption or flow rates are required. Of course, the M5000 can also be used with an available power supply. The meter can be powered with main voltage and in case of a main failure, it is powered by an internal battery. Important data are consequently saved.
The M5000 has been designed for very harsh environmental measurement conditions. The meter has no moving parts and can be used to measure water containing particles like sand or gravel. The M5000 is encased in an IP67 housing (optional IP68), which makes it a reliable meter even when submerged.
The standard meter is equipped with an internal datalogger which can read-out via an IrDA or RS232 interface with ModBus® RTU protocol. The collected data can also be retrieved via radio frequency or GSM/GPRS. The data can thus be centrally compiled and evaluated.
M5000 can be checked without process interruption with the Verification Device.
- Up to 12 years battery life span,
- Accuracy better than ±0,4%,
- Measuring range of 0,03 to 12 m/s,
- Sizes from DN 15 to DN 600,
- ACS, OIMLR49-1 and MID MI-001 approved,
- LCD display,
- IP 67 / IP 68 protection class,
- RS232, IrDA, Modbus® interfaces,
- Integrated Datalogger function,
- Verification Device.
- Power supply: Internal Lithium batteries 3,6 V
Optional battery back-up model (AC)
- Sizes: DN 15 to DN 600 (PTFE / hard rubber)
- Battery life span: 6 years, optional 12 years
- Display: LCD, 2 lines
- Programming: 3 keys
- Measuring range: 0,03 – 12 m/s
- Accuracy: >= 0,5 m/s better than ±0.4% accuracy of rate
<0,5 m/s +/-2,5 mm/s of rate
- Repeatability: 0,1%
- Minimum fluid conductivity: >= 20 µs/cm
- Flow direction: Bidirectional
- Low-flow detection: Separate electrode
- Digital outputs: 4 x open collector, passive 30 VDC/20 mA, max. 100 Hz
- Status outputs: Min./max. alarm, flow direction, failure report
- Serial communication: RS232, ModBus® RTU, IRDA
External AMR or GSM/GPRS module (optional)
- Datalogger: Integrated
- Low-flow cut off: 0-10%
- Pulse width: Programmable up to 500 ms.
- Housing: Powder coated cast aluminium
- Protection class: P67 (IP68 optional)
- Cable entry: Signal cable (outputs) M20
- Signal cable: From detector M20
- Remote version: Max. 30 m
- Ambient temperature: -20°C to 60°C
Flange process connection for hazardous area Type V
- Sizes : DN 15 to 600 (1/2’’ …. 24’’)
- Nominale pressure : PN 10 to PN 100
Type: Hard rubber, Diameter: DN 25 to 600, Fluid temperature:0 to 80°C
Type: PTFE, Diameter: DN 6 to 600, Fluid temperature: -40 to +150°C
- Electrodes material : Hastelloy C (Standard), Tantal, Platinum / Gold plated, Platinum / Rhodium
- Flange connections DIN, ANSI, JIS, AWWA, etc
- Dimension according to ISO 13359
- Empty pipe electrode as Standard
- Ground electrode in the same material than the measurement electrode
- Ground ring in option
- IP67 or IP68 protection in option.
All important parameters of the flow meter are measured, protocoled and evaluated. The accuracy of the amplifier and of the in-/outputs as well as the functionability of the detector are measured without process interruption more easily, more precisely and better secured.
The verification device enables to check the perfect and exact functionality of the electromagnetic flow meters types M2000 and M5000 on site in regular time intervals at a low cost and without interruption of the process. The device is verifying that the MAG meter´s calibration is still ranging between ±1% of the primary factory calibration.
Wireless data recording (Radio/GSM/WIFI)
Fuji Electric offers the possibility to record wireless the measuring data you are getting from our flow meters. Those data are transmitted to and filed on a central server via a GPRS module. The information can be retrieved, visualised, evaluated and downloaded via a password protected access; the password is set by the customer.
- Low investment costs,
- Cost saving as against classical data recording,
- Wireless measuring sites,
- Access via internet independently from location,
- Optimization of global applications,
- Ideal for measuring sites in difficult areas,
- High flexibility thanks to the extremely small space requirement and quick installation of the GPRS module,
- Makes service, maintenance and putting into operation easier.
- Consumption monitoring and leckage reduction in water supply systems,
- Precise flow metering in large channels and rivers for the monitoring of navigability and issue of flooding forecasts,
- Monitoring and alarm of overflow basins for rainwater, sewage plants, storm water overflow plants,
- Control of irrigation plants,
- Level monitoring, alarm for automatical filling and connection to the supplying system.